Monday, October 30, 2006

We must have been crazy!

Had Helen's brother, Chris, his wife Vanessa and their boys down at our place this weekend.

We all had fun but somehow we ended up at Head 4 Heights at Keynes Country Park - I think the original plan had been to hire cycles and ride them around leisurely the lake but that got changed when we saw the Aerial Assault Course.

On the ground your initial thoughts when you walk up are "Its not that high" but when you get up on top there it's a LONG way DOWN. Everyone wears helmets, ropes and harnesses for safety but you'll still feel exposed up on the totem pole's perch making your bid in a true leap of faith towards a trapeze that feels, well, miles away!

I think we were nuts and I'll be honest I got up ok and then only realised I was terrified and started shaking like a leaf!

Anyway enough of me, let the pictures tell you the story!
















Up I go! There's no other pictures as they were all laughing too much at me shaking like a leaf for 5 minutes before I began thinking "I'll have to jump to get down so I got nothing to lose - yeah right!"




















Chris starts his climb.





















Almost at the perch...






















Er, what I am doing up here?





















Smile, though I'm bloody terrified!






















Chris makes the leap of faith in style!





















Chris P, come on down!
















Mum - sensibly - sits this activity out (don't worry 'Ness we've got something planned for you when you're down next!) ;)






















Helen has her go!





















Helen almost at the top...

















Chris, the boys and our climbing instructor

















Tom about to make a jump off that ledge
















Oliver being helped from his harness after jumping off 50 feet above!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home